We are just as excited to be back in the Clinic treating as you are, however it's important we go over some added ground rules first!
Whilst Prior Skin Co always takes infection control measures very seriously, and abides by NSW Health Clinical Infection Control policies and guidelines, Due to the ongoing Pandemic Covid-19, we will be adding a few extra measures to ensure the safety of our clients and staff.
We understand that some of these measures may take some getting used to, so we thankyou for your ongoing cooperation and patience, as we navigate these new times together.
PRIOR SKIN CO PTY LTD
INFECTION CONTROL POLICY 2020
Prior Skin Co Pty Limited shall maintain social distancing and infection control safety measures to help prevent the spread of disease.
To give clear guidance regarding infection control measures, and additional safety measures being utilized during the Covid-19 pandemic.
• Patients will be screened utilising a questionnaire when booking their appointment. This will be further confirmed during their appointment.
• Questionnaire includes:
- Have you travelled interstate or overseas in the past 6 weeks?
- Have you been in contact with a known positive case?
- Have you had an influenza vaccine in 2020?
- Are you trying to conceive, pregnant, breastfeeding or immunocompromised?
- Do you live with anyone who is immunocompromised?
- Have you had any of the following symptoms in the past 4 weeks? (No symptoms, runny nose, cough, fevers, muscle/body aches, headaches, shortness of breath, sore throat).
• Appointments will be spread apart with a 15 minute ‘buffer’ time each side of the appointment. This will allow time for adequate cleaning to take place, and no crossover of clients.
• Patients will be informed that only one person is allowed per appointment. The waiting room will not to be occupied and patients are to wait in their vehicle until the clinic has no other patient present and all surfaces are wiped down / sanitised.
• Prior Skin Co will call the patient to enter the clinic for their appointment to ensure no overlap of patients at clinic at the same time.
Appointment and Treatment measures:
• All patients will have their temperature taken prior to treatment. Anything above 37.5 degrees will prevent treatment and the patient will be asked to leave.
• Patients will fill out consent form with health related/ screening questions.
• Patients will be refused treatment should they meet any of the following criteria:
- Temperature over 37.5 degrees
- Patients that have travelled overseas in the last 6 weeks.
- Respiratory symptoms such as cough, runny nose, sneezing.
- Patients with chronic lung disease or moderate to severe asthma
- Patients who have serious heart conditions
- Patients who are immunocompromised
**Many conditions can cause a person to be immunocompromised, including cancer treatment, bone marrow or organ transplantation, immune deficiencies, poorly controlled HIV or AIDS, and prolonged use of corticosteroids and other immune weakening medications**
- Patients with severe obesity (body mass index [BMI] of 40 or higher)
- Patients with poorly controlled diabetes
- Patients with chronic kidney disease undergoing dialysis
- Patients with liver disease
- Patients trying to conceive, Pregnant or nursing
- Patients above the age of 60 years of age
• Staff having physical contact with a patient shall wear correct PPE. This includes medical gloves, disposable apron and surgical masks while in close proximity to the patient. All PPE to be replaced between each patient.
• Patients will be informed not to wear makeup to their appointment.
• All Patients full faces/ treatment area will be cleaned thoroughly with chlorhexidine prior to treatment commencing.
• If the treatment area is in the upper face, the patient will be provided with and required to wear a surgical mask throughout the procedure.
• Hand washing or hand sanitizer pre and post every patient contact.
• Between each patient all patient or staff touched surfaces will be wiped with Clinell Universal Wipes. This is including but not limited to: door handles, counters, sink handles, toilet handles, chairs, beds, iPad, all waiting room, eftpos terminals etc.
• It is recommended to use an Alcohol wipe to clean the patients face, followed by Chlorhexidine.
• All soft furnishings, chairs, beds, towels, books, magazines, toys and anything that cannot be thoroughly cleaned has been removed from the clinic environment.
• Prior Skin Co will abide by the 1 person per 4sqm within the Clinic.